Every smart business owner knows that social media is an essential part of their marketing strategy in 2019, but how to make the most of it is another matter altogether. Fortunately, there are many developers dedicated to helping WordPress owners simplify their social media efforts. Today we’ll take a look at the best social media plugins for WordPress and what they can do for your marketing.
The best social media plugins for WordPress
1. Revive Old Post
Revive Old Post is a plugin that automates social media promotion of your WordPress posts, with a focus on bringing new attention to old articles.
- Share both new and old WordPress posts to Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Choose the length of time between social media shares
- Exclude categories and even specific posts from your sharing schedule
- Enjoy full integration with Google Analytics
Why you need it: Revive Old Post makes it easy to keep all of your articles in circulation on your social media pages, so old content can bring in new readers.
Price: The main Revive Old Post plugin is free. There is also a pro version which comes with three tiers of plans, ranging in price from $75 to $299. All pro plans come with one year of support.
2. WordPress Social Share
WordPress Social Share is one of the best social media plugins because it makes it easy for you to integrate social login, social sharing, and social commenting capabilities with your existing WordPress site.
WordPress Social Share comes with an enormous number of features, so we’ll stick with the most impressive:
- Social share from roughly 100 social media networks
- Share counters for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Buffer, Reddit, Pinterest, and more
- Social icon customization options
- Enable/disable options for custom post types, individual pages, and individual posts
- Social login from 10 social networks including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Why you need it: This plugin will make it possible for people to interact with and share your content all over the web. What else you need when looking through the best social media plugins?
Price: WordPress Social Share is free.
Where to find it: WordPress Social Share on WordPress.org
OrbitFox by ThemeIsle is a free plugin that offers you some nice-looking social media sharing, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. With OrbitFox, you can actually replace a handful of other plugins due to its wide feature set.
- Social media sharing buttons
- Free stock photos module
- Elementor add-ons and widgets
- Template directory for purpose-made pages
- Google Analytics integration
- Ability to install only the specific modules you need
Why you need it: OrbitFox is a quick and easy solution for adding social media share buttons to your WordPress site, plus a lot more. Especially useful if you like working with page builders.
Where to get it: OrbitFox on WordPress.org
4. Kiwi Social Share
Kiwi Social Share focuses on one task – creating social share buttons for your WordPress site – but they do it really well, offering lots of relevant options.
- Compatibility with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more
- Enable/disable social share buttons
- Access several share button styles
- Add social share buttons before or after content
Why you need it: If you want something simple, with no bells and whistles attached, to help readers share your blog posts, Kiwi is one of the best social media plugins to consider.
Where to get it: Kiwi Social Share on WordPress.org.
At its core, MashShare is a social media share button plugin, but you can turn MashShare into a full social media suite with add-ons.
- Social media share buttons
- Option to add a “subscribe” button with a link to any page you want
- Easy customization of share buttons
Why you need it: MashShare is a reliable, fast plugin that makes it easy to add social share buttons to your WordPress site.
Price: The base MashShare Plugin is free. There are also a variety of paid add-ons that can turn MashShare into a full social media suite.
6. Social Media Share Buttons & Social Sharing Icons
Social Media Share Buttons & Social Sharing Icons is one of the most customizable plugins dedicated to creating social media share buttons on your WordPress site.
- Easily add social media share buttons to your site
- Choose from 16 different styles of social media share buttons
- Add animations to your social media buttons
- Make your social media share buttons “float” or “sticky”
- Create a “subscribe” icon with a custom URL
- Create a pop-up
Why you need it: Social Media Share Buttons & Social Sharing Icons is a simple, streamlined plugin that offers much more flexibility than many of its competitors.
Price: Social Media Share Buttons & Social Sharing Icons is free, or you can get it as part of USM Premium for $125.
Shareaholic claims its spot as one of the best social media plugins thanks to the wide variety of features it offers at the free level.
- Share buttons and share counters for popular platforms like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and more
- Free automatic integration with Google Analytics
- Support for a variety of URL shorteners
- Vector share buttons & follow icons
Why you need it: Shareaholic is one of the most reliable and effective social media plugins.
Price: Pro plans range from $8 to $500 per month.
8. Jetpack by WordPress.com
Jetpack is an all-in-one plugin with tools for security, SEO, and social media marketing and engagement.
- Automate social media sharing of new posts
- Add social media share buttons to your site
- Many, many more features dedicated to every aspect of managing your WordPress site
Why you need it: Jetpack is one of the most powerful and reliable free plugins for WordPress, and it can help with far more than your social media engagement.
Price: There’s a free option, plus Jetpack offers a variety of pro plans ranging from $5/month to $39/month.
9. Social Warfare
Social Warfare has earned its reputation as one of the best social media plugins because it offers a wide range of features, including some usually reserved for premium plugins.
- Add social media share buttons to posts and pages
- Choose the location of social media share buttons, and use shortcodes for manual placement
- Social share counters
- “Most Popular Posts” widget based on share counter information
- Click-to-tweet functionality
Why you need it: Social Warfare is an ideal one-stop-shop for social media plugins, reducing the load on your WordPress site.
Price: Free, plus Social Warfare Pro offers annual plans ranging from $29 to $349/year.
10. Easy Social Share
Easy Social Share is one of the best free social media plugins thanks to its simple interface and accurate share counters.
- Social share buttons for 18 social networks
- Social share counts
- Seven design layouts
- Easy dashboard settings
Why you need it: This plugin will encourage social media engagement without weighing your server down.
Where to get it: Easy Social Sharing at WordPress.org.
11. Cool Image Share
Cool Image Share is an essential tool for any blog with a focus on high-quality graphics.
- Add social media share buttons to all images in your posts and pages
- Choose preferred icon size, position, and orientation
- Set up hover effects
Why you need it: This plugin makes it easy for your audience to share the images on your WordPress site.
Where to get it: Cool Image Share at WordPress.org.
12. WordPress to Buffer
Buffer is the most popular social media scheduling tool available. This plugin is one of the better releases to integrate the service with WordPress.
- Automatically send updates to your Buffer schedule when you publish new posts or custom pages on your WordPress site
- Configure settings to optimize social media posts
Why you need it: This is one of the best social media plugins for anyone who is already using Buffer for their social media scheduling.
Price: Free, or you can get WordPress to Buffer Pro for $199, or $89/year with lifetime priority support.
13. Better Click-to-Tweet
This plugin makes it easy to add click-to-tweet content into your WordPress posts for improved engagement.
- Use shortcodes to easily create click-to-tweet content
- Works with the new block editor in WordPress
- Make links nofollow for improved SEO
Why you need it: Click-to-tweet content is one of the easiest ways to improve social media engagement with your WordPress posts, and Better Click-to-Tweet is the most trusted click-to-tweet plugin around.
Where to get it: Better Click To Tweet at WordPress.org.
You’ll notice that many of these best social media plugins have overlapping features. This means you can choose one or two plugins to experiment with at a time, trading them in for new ones until you find the perfect solution that’s 100% in tune with your website.